You have questions? We have answers...
(click the '+' icons to expand)
- +What are vinyl decals? Aren't they also called...? What are vinyl decals also known as?
- Vinyl decals have all kinds of names including "vinyl wall art", "wall stickers", "vinyl graphics", "vinyl decoration", "removable art transfers", "wall tattoos" or just plain and simple "decals". They're all basically the same but, regardless of what you want to call them, they all have one thing in common; they're a great way to customise your surroundings!
- +What are neek decals made from?
- Our decals are cut from high grade, professional quality, ultra thin (75 micron) vinyl. This material has been reliably used for many years by professional sign makers but only recently have the potential possibilities it can offer for interior design been recognised.
Our decals come to you as pre-cut vinyl shapes sandwiched between a backing paper and a clear plastic application film - they're fully prepared and ready to go!
- +How do I put them up?
- It's easy! Just follow this step-by-step guide!
- +How will my vinyl be delivered, how much will it cost and how long will it take?
- Your vinyl will be carefully packaged in a sturdy cardboard tube or a robust cardboard envelope (depending upon the size of your order) along with simple instructions, a free mini practice vinyl decal and your receipt.
Our vinyl decals are always posted First Class Recorded Delivery to ensure traceability and peace of mind - please consider that your package will need to be signed for when choosing a delivery address.
All of our decals are produced to order and exactly to your specifications. This takes a little time but you should expect your purchase(s) to be dispatched within approximately 3 - 7 working days and we'll send you an email to confirm when this has been done!
Delivery cost will be calculated when adding an item to your basket and is dependant on the size of the decal and your location.
- +Do you ship Worldwide?
- Of course! We wouldn't want you to miss out! Because we don't know where you'd like your vinyl posted, please just click here and we'll get back to you with the best delivery options that we can!
- +What will I get?
- When you purchase your vinyl you'll get a simple fitting guide, a free mini practice decal and your vinyl - that's all you need and you'll be ready to go!
- +What environments do vinyls work well in?
- Anywhere you want to personalise and add instant colour. They are perfect when permanent results just aren't an option such as rented accommodation, student accommodation, offices, restaurants, etc.
They're also perfect for children's bedrooms/spaces - as children grow up and their tastes change, so can their decor! Princesses, pirates, fairies, horses...
- +Are the wall stickers in one piece?
- All of our decals come in one piece (unless stated otherwise) as we believe in making the application process as easy as possible for you!
Some of our very big decals may come in several pieces however, as this will make the larger decals easier to put up and ensures better value!
- +Where can I/can't I use your vinyls?
- Although every surface is different, our vinyls have been tried and tested and shown to work perfectly on the following surfaces: smooth/lightly textured painted walls, ceilings, glass, sealed concrete floors, smooth metal, tiles, plastic surfaces and finished wood furniture
We don't advise using our vinyls on really porous, dusty or heavily textured surfaces such as: untreated wood, wallpapered walls, pebble dashed surfaces and freshly painted walls. If you've just finished painting - have some patience, leave it a couple of weeks and they'll be fine!
Please be aware that wallpapered or thinly/poorly painted walls are particularly unsuitable and may be harmed when you come to remove the decals.
If you're in any doubt about the suitability of your surface, simply request one of our small, totally FREE SAMPLE vinyls and give it a go on an inconspicuous spot before ordering.
- +What colours are available?
- Here are our current colour options...
Bright Yellow R312 - Bright Yellow
Medium Red R332 - Medium Red
Aqua Green R376 - Aqua Green
Apple Green R378 - Apple Green
Bright Green R379 - Bright Green
Pastel Blue R356 - Pastel Blue
Medium Blue R359 - Medium Blue
Ultra Blue R370 - Ultra Blue
Dark Blue R372 - Dark Blue
If you would like a different colour or need help matching a colour, just let us know and we'll do our best to help.
Please note that all colours shown are for representative purposes only, as the way they are displayed can vary from screen to screen
- +Can you send me a sample of a certain colour?
- Of course! Just let us know the colour(s) you'd like to see and we'll pop your sample(s) in the post.
- +I need some help choosing colours!
- There are loads of great and really interesting resources out there! From explaining colour theory to helping you choose the latest colour trends picking out accent colours. Google is a great place to start. However, if you need any advice, get in touch and we'll see what we can do.
- +Can vinyls be re-positioned/re-used/re-applied?
- Not really, but it depends on the compatibility of the original surface, the size and complexity of the design and how carefully you remove the decal. Small, simple decals removed carefully should be fine to re-apply once or twice.
- +How do I remove your decals?
- Most decals can simply be picked at the edge and peeled away from the surface when the time comes for a change. Heating the vinyl with a hairdryer can assist with removal as it will reduce adhesion. The surface should be wiped afterwards to remove any remaining adhesive residue and please be mindful that the area beneath the decal will have been shielded from environmental effects, and this may be apparent after removal.
- +I want to buy in bulk. Can you help me?
- Brilliant! Of course we can! Drop us a line with some details and we'll get straight back to you.
- +Do you supply wholesale? Can I offer your lovely vinyls to our lovely customers?
- Yes, you can! That'd be great. Just tell us a little bit about your shop/site. We'd love to talk to you.
- +I have more questions!!!
- OK, well get in touch and we'll do our best to help as quickly as we can.